Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Anxiety about the IFSP

Got my son's IFSP in the mail today. A big, thick packet with our address handwritten on it. I really am afraid to open the envelope. So many IEPs I've looked at (as a lawyer) do not accurately reflect what the parent understood services to be, and leave things out from what was discussed at the meeting. This could say things about Buddy that make him look pretty bad. On the other hand, this explains what services he will be receiving and the goals we will be working toward over the next year (or, hopefully, less than a year). I need to remind myself to be positive about this envelope. We have a good team working with Buddy, and they hopefully wrote something up that will reflect their wisdom and their engagement with Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment